Here are ten reasons I like working in watercolor.
1. Non Toxic: you are using water not oil and there is no odor
2. Very Portable: there are really nice travel kits available or you can put your own together
3. Very Affordable compared to other mediums
4. Great for Recording Travels: you can use your small travel kit to record memories
5. Watercolor has a freshness, spontaneity, and delicate, luminous quality that you can not get with other mediums
6. Very Easily Cleanup: all you need is water and paper towel
7. Watercolor Paint can be used over and over if you have a lid on your palette and a spray bottle.
8. Watercolor Paintings Dry Quickly, within minutes after finishing. Oil paintings can take weeks to dry.
9. Watercolor Works Well For Mixed Media in combination with pastel, pen & ink, pencil,
10. The water, paint, and paper will do some of the work for you if you allow "happy accidents"