Free Up Your Paintings
As painters, it is often hard to paint things that look loose and spontaneous with a minimal amount of brushstrokes and have everything in the right place with good values, color and shapes. In an effort to perfect a painting, we can lose the freshness and end up overworking the piece with too many details, fixing things over and over, and over mixing.
- Are your paintings tight and controlled?
- Can you paint enough to communicate to the viewer but not too much?
- Do you want a loose way of working realistically?
- Do you want your paintings to burst with expression that is unique to you?
I am teaching a on day ONLINE ZOOM workshop titled,
"The Art of Painting Loose: Free Up Your Paintings"
Friday, August 21, 2020, 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
In this class, learn techniques to develop a more spontaneous painting without getting bogged down in detail. Discover how to paint loosely using a combination of intuitive and deliberate decisions. Develop loose painting as you:
- Understand how the drawing impacts your painting style.
- Understand the character of the watercolor paint, the brush, the paper, and the water itself.
- Understand how to manipulate paint for effect.
- Understand how to take risks and try techniques to let loose of control.
- Understand direct painting, also known as "alla prima".
You will be receiving a workbook in the mail. The workshop is limited to 8 people to ensure a positive Zoom experience.
I need to hear from you by July 31, 2020. If you would like to register for the price of $95.00, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hope to hear from you soon. Happy Painting! Dennis Pendleton